About the Role
We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Manager to join the team in St Austell branch. We’re looking for a talented person with previous travel industry experience, who can demonstrate high sales performance with exceptional customer service, and supportive skills.
You will be responsible for delivering the greater volume of branch sales with a high commission percentage, leading by example on many aspects and working closely with the Branch Manager to make your branch the premier travel agency in town.
- Selling all aspects of travel, face to face, via telephone, email or video conferencing
- Achieving individual sales targets and contributing towards your branch achieving its’ targets, by maximising every sales opportunity and offering ancillary products.
- Booking package holidays and offering dynamically packaged holidays and cruises, using our in house systems.
- Booking tailor made travel itineraries to suit your customers’ needs.
- Delivering the highest standard of service at all times to exceed customers’ expectations, lead by example and support the Manager in training of others within the team.
- Offering advice, guidance and suggestions to customers, using your experience and learning from in-house and business partner training.
- Work well as part of a team to ensure an efficient operation within the branch, support your Manager with developing of the team and an enthused environment.
- Support the Manager in growing customer data base of the branch through various activities and personally delivering 3 marketing initiatives in a financial year which deliver sales growth and customer data base growth.
- Taking on responsibilities when the Manager is off in regards to people, delivering sales performance and general customer service.
- Deliver 5 staff trainings in a year focused on ‘opportunities’.
Who we’re looking for:
- Previous Travel Agency experience is essential.
- A genuine passion for travel, highly motivated in its ever changing landscape.
- A desire to embrace new customer travel trends and an understanding of the impact of Global events on how people travel.
- A tenacious, positive and driven individual with a proven sales track record of reaching and exceeding personal targets.
- A team player who engrosses with colleagues and their Manager.
- Flexibility to work within changeable or reactive situations.
- Commercial awareness, with an eye for detail, opportunity and keeping up to date with competitor activity and new products in the market.
- Strong communication skills – the ability to be able to adapt and communicate confidently with colleagues and customers in all situations. Excellent spelling and written skills a must.
- A supportive nature to assist in developing colleagues skills.
- Ability to handle monies/currencies.
- Competitive Salary
- Incentives on every booking
- Holiday Discounts
- Educational Visits
- Personal Development
This is an exciting opportunity to join an award-winning travel business, with an established reputation in the region and a fantastic, welcoming team.
To apply, send your CV to Nikki.firstname.lastname@example.org, letting us know why you think you are the perfect candidate for this role.
About Newell’s Travel
Award winning, travel agents, Newell’s TRAVEL continuously strive to inspire the county’s travellers in the world of travel.
Established in 1962 with a single branch in Falmouth, Newell’s TRAVEL has gradually expanded over nearly 60 years to become Devon & Cornwall’s largest independent travel agency group. From these humble beginnings how we have grown!
Now Newell’s TRAVEL Limited has 11 retail branches across Cornwall and into Devon and a Business Travel Department.
As members of Worldchoice, a nationwide consortium of like-minded travel professionals, Newell’s TRAVEL has the buying power to match any prices on the High Street and, indeed, also regularly beat internet prices.
Our company values are: Supportive, Target Focused, Entrepreneurial and Passionate (STEPs). We recruit and are recognised and rewarded against these values.