Branch Manager – Helston
About the Role
We are currently recruiting for a Branch Manager to lead the team in our Helston branch. We’re looking for a talented leader with previous travel industry experience, who is looking for the opportunity to progress their career to the next level.
You’ll be responsible for steering your team to success, with the full backup and support of the wider Newell’s Travel team. Your main focus will be delivering outstanding customer service, growing business in your local area, and developing your team to be the premier travel agency in town.
- Delivering against agreed sales targets and KPIs
- Motivating, developing and guiding your team to achieve individual targets and to reach their full potential, leading the way on delivering exceptional levels of customer service
- Working with your team on their own Personal Development Plans and setting goals for progression and achievement
- Bringing creative new ideas to the table to drive business growth, including establishing and nurturing relationships with local businesses, driving virtual and in-store customer events and liaising with marketing to work on a localised marketing strategy
- Ensuring the team have exceptional product knowledge through in-house and business partner training programmes
- Driving sales of Foreign Exchange and Ancillaries to optimise the profitability of the branch
- Building and continually growing a loyal and engaged customer database
Who we’re looking for:
- Previous experience managing a retail travel agency is essential
- A genuine passion for travel and it’s ever changing landscape.
- A desire to embrace new customer travel trends and an understanding of the impact of Global events on how people travel.
- A tenacious, positive and driven individual with a proven track record of reaching and exceeding personal targets
- A natural leader, with the ability to inspire and motivate your team on a daily basis
- Flexibility to work within changeable or reactive situations
- Commercial awareness, with an eye for detail, opportunity and keeping up to date with competitor activity and new products in the market
- Strong communication skills – the ability to be able to adapt and communicate confidently with colleagues and customers in all situations
- Competitive Salary
- Holiday Discounts
- Educational visits
- Personal Development
This is an exciting opportunity to join an award-winning travel business, with an established reputation in the region and a fantastic, welcoming team.
To apply, send your CV to email@example.com, letting us know why you think you are the perfect candidate for this role.
About Newell’s Travel
Award winning, travel agents, Newell’s TRAVEL continuously strive to inspire the county’s travellers in the world of travel.
Established in 1962 with a single branch in Falmouth, Newell’s TRAVEL has gradually expanded over nearly 60 years to become Devon & Cornwall’s largest independent travel agency group. From these humble beginnings how we have grown!
Now Newell’s TRAVEL Limited has 10 retail branches across Cornwall and into Devon and a Business Travel Department.
As members of Worldchoice, a nationwide consortium of like-minded travel professionals, Newell’s TRAVEL has the buying power to match any prices on the High Street and, indeed, also regularly beat internet prices.
Our company values are: Supportive, Target Focussed, Entrepreneurial and Passionate (STEPs). We recruit and are recognised and rewarded against these values.